Thursday, August 21, 2014

Kayaking in Ketchikan


I am in a five day - day camp to learn about kayaking.
I have been looking forward to this for most of the summer.
On Sunday our family drove to the Kayaks to make sure we knew where we were going.
I was SOOOO excited!


My lessons began on Monday.
The office is in this boat.
We started our lessons on the top of the boat.
We played games while we waited for another group to get there.
We got to kayak up Creek Street.
I was disappointed to not get to do the rutter but I was good at paddling.


On the second day (Tuesday) we kayaked to Pinnick Island.
It wore me out!
I had to paddle against the wind and waves.


My partner was one of the instructors.





Once we got back, we waited in our kayak while everyone took turns getting out.
To get out of a kayak you put your chest on the dock and then roll out.



On Wednesday we had our first time going in single-person kayaks.
We went around Thomas Basin.
We were also in double kayaks and went by the cruise ships and docked somewhere for our snack.



I have two more days of kayaking adventures and I am looking forward to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment